Past Meetings Archives - Index
- June 21, 2014 Meeting - Hadoop 101 ETL Demystified + Automation Smackdown
- May 22, 2014 Meeting - Spring Boot: More Spring, Less Configuration
- April 22, 2014 Meeting - GPU Acceleration of the Java Virtual Machine and Java 8 Lightning Talks
- March 25, 2014 Meeting - Introduction to Cassandra and CQL
- January 28, 2014 Meeting - Making Recommendations for Fun and Profit and Introducing OpenGL ES on Android
- September 24, 2013 Meeting - On the Design of Real-Time Automated Captioning Systems
- August 27th, 2013 - What's New in JPA 2.1
- July 30th, 2013 - Using Java EE with some Cloud to Build Real-Time Mobile App Performance Analytics Service
- June 25th, 2013 - Java Platform Now and the Future
- March 26th, 2013 - Solve the Cross-Cloud Conundrum with jclouds
- February 26th, 2013 - Vert.x and Java Actors
- January 29th, 2013 - Big Data - Jump Start Your Career!
- October 31st, 2012 - Quick Web Services using REST
- September 25th, 2012 - Apache Cassandra: Massively Scalable NoSQL, Introduction to ActiveMQ & Technical Debt and Sonar
- August 21st, 2012 - JavaFX - The Future of RIA Development
- July 31st, 2012 - Devops for the Java developer - a gentle introduction to Chef & Top Ten Highlights
— Takeaways from the 2012 No Fluff Just Stuff conference
- June 26th, 2012 - Introduction to Open Source ERP technologies (Compiere, ADempiere and Openbravo)
- May 29th, 2012 - Version Control Reinvigorated: From Subversion to Git
- February 28th, 2012 - Refactoring Legacy Code with JMockIt
- January 31st, 2012 - Java EE 6 = Less Code + More Power
- November 8th, 2011 - Aparapi: "Write once run anywhere" can now include the GPU by Gary Frost
- September 27th, 2011 - Introduction to Git and git-svn and An Update on DTRules
- August 30, 2011 - Unlocking the Power of Java EE6 in the Cloud w/ JBoss AS7 and OpenShift
- July 26th, 2011 - Overview of the Fast Code Eclipse Plug-In
- June 28th, 2011 - Getting Started with GWT and App Engine
- May 31st, 2011 - Enter the Gradle
- May 3rd, 2011 - Getting to Know OpenESB
- March 29, 2011 - OSGi Services and the Future of Modular Application Design
- February 22nd, 2011 - Portal Bridge
- January 25th, 2011 - Enterprise Intergration Patterns
- December 7th, 2010 - Simpler Java EE — the Oracle Way, Oracle Fusion Middleware — The runtime environment for Oracle ADF
- October 26th,2010 - Application Security Enhancements in the Java EE 6 Release
- September 28th, 2010 - Hadoop Analytics of Data Stored in Cassandra
& An Introduction to Spring Roo
- August 31st, 2010 - Overview of the Eclipse 4.0 Platform
& Review of the NFJS Lone Star Symposium: Smart Java Applications and NoSQL For Java
- June 29th, 2010 - Introduction and Demonstration of DTRules
& JBoss RichFaces: Bringing AJAX to JSF
- May 25, 2010 - Emergent Design
- March 30, 2010 - REST Web Services Support in Java EE 6 and Spring 3.0
- March 3, 2010 - Java Contexts and Dependency Injection (CDI)
- January 26, 2010 - The Cassandra Distributed Database
- December 8, 2009 - AustinJUG Christmas Party at Sun
- October 27, 2009 - Learn the Secrets of Scaling Your Service-Oriented Architecture with Oracle Service Bus
- August 25, 2009 - Profiling Java Applications with YourKit
- July 28, 2009 - NFJS Lone Star Symposium Recap
- June 30, 2009 - JavaOne 2009 Panel Discussion
- May 25, 2009 - Kanban: An Overview
- April 28th, 2009 -Service Oriented Architecture and Business Process Workflow
- March 31, 2009 - From XML to the Database and Back
- February 24, 2009 -JSR-286 aka Portlet Spec 2.0
- January 27, 2009 - Hometown Heroes
- December 2, 2008 - Introduction JavaFX 1.0
- October 28, 2008 - Run Anywhere: The Hardware Platform Perspective
- September 30, 2008 - Hometown Heroes
- August 26, 2008 - A Technical Overview of Bazaarvoice's SaaS Architecture
- July 29, 2008 - A Detailed Overview of Etch
- June 24, 2008 - JavaOne Panel Discussion
- May 27, 2008 - A Thorough Introduction to Groovy
- April 28, 2008 - JSF - Secrets of Successful Implementations
- March 25, 2008 - JBoss Portal
- February 26, 2008 - Cool New Developments for Java on the Web
- December 11, 2007 - Solaris Dynamic Tracing - Next Generation Observability
- October 30, 2007 - ESB Deep Dive
- September 24, 2007 - Designing Scalable High-Performance Rich Clients from the Trenches Recap
JBoss Seam - the Deep Integration Framework
- August 28, 2007 -Required To Fly: Southwest Airlines' Approach to Developing a High Availability Software Infrastructure
- July 29, 2007 - Developing Rich Internet Applications with OpenLaszlo
- June 26, 2007 - How the Google Web Toolkit Works
- May 29, 2007 - JavaOne Recap
- April 24, 2007 - Agile Web Development with Grails
- March 27, 2007 - Java Takes on the Multi-core Revolution
- February 27, 2007 - Methodology Challenges and Optimization Opportunities for Java
- January 30, 2007 - J2EE Architecture Review Software Remodeling: Improving Design and Implementation Quality
- December 5, 2006 -The Sun Small Programmable Object Technology (Sun SPOT): Java Technology-Based Wireless Sensor Networks
- October 24, 2006 - Methodologies for Improving Systems-level QA and Pre-deployment Testing Processes of Java/JEE Applications
- September 26, 2006 - Advanced Open Source Web Application Design featuring Spring, Hibernate, Acegi, Jasper, AJAX, and XMLC
- August 8, 2006 - Enterprise Service Bus
- July 25, 2006 - Extreme Agility with jMatter
- June 27, 2006 - JavaOne Recap
- May 30, 2006 - Groovy: Greasing the Wheels of Java
- April 25, 2006 -Space Based Architecture and the End of Tier-Based Computing
- March 28, 2006 - JAAS - A Quick Introduction and How to get Real Use Out of the
Java Authentication and Authorization Service
- February 28, 2006 - Developing JSF Applications with Oracle
- January 31, 2006 - Simplify Your Stack with Enterprise Open Source Software
- December 13, 2005 - Java Community Development: Peabody and Glassfish at java.net
- November 29, 2005 - What to do when Web Services Don't Perform as Planned
- October 18, 2005 - EJB 3 Persistence
- September 27, 2005 - Injecting Life into Boring Web Applications with AJAX
- August 30, 2005 - Emerging Techonologies Around Service Infrastructure
- July 26, 2005 - Project Matisse
- June 21, 2005 - Lightweight Development Strategies
- May 31, 2005 - XML Binding with JibX
- April 26, 2005 - SOA - Service Oriented Architecture
- March 29, 2005 - The Future of Developer Testing for Java
- February 22, 2005 - Nake Objects Applied
- January 25, 2005 - Integrating Open Systems and Mainframe Applications Using Soap
- December 14, 2004 - J2SE 5.0 Update: The Roar of the Tiger
- November 30, 2004 - An insider's view of Hibernate 3.0 and EJB 3
- October 26, 2004 - A Comparison of Three High-Performance Binary-Based Communication Platforms
- September 28, 2004 - Introduction to the Eclipse Modeling Framework
- August 31, 2004 - Apache Beehive Project
- July 27, 2004 - Java One: Recap
- June 29, 2004 - Building Cutting Edge Applications with Business Rules Technologies
- May 25, 2004 - Runtime Code Generation
- April 27, 2004 - Java Server Faces
- March 30, 2004 - Code Generation & Reflection
- February 24, 2004 - Leveraging AOP in JBoss
January 27, 2004 - Oracle - Issues and Practices for Persistence Solutions
December 16, 2003 - Holiday Party
November 18, 2003 - Borland - Requirements Management and Configuration Management
By Karen Farrow
October 28, 2003 - Compuware - Model Driven Architecture
By Heidi Harrelson
September 23, 2003 - Wily - Managing J2EE Performance
By Kenneth Merkel
August 26, 2003 - BEA - XML Beans
By Deb Ayers
July 29, 2003 - Java ONE - a Recap
June 24, 2003 - Akibia - "Java Swing Programming"
by Bill Champ
May 27, 2003 - Quest Software (formerly Sitraka) - "Guaranteeing Better J2EE Solution Performance"
by Jeff Zado, Director, JProbe Product Management at Quest Software
April 29, 2003 - Versant - "Domain Models, Persistence, JDO and J2EE"
by Keiron McCammon, CTO, Versant
March 25, 2003 - The Austin Java Users Group put on our first ever Java IDE "Bake-Off"
February 25, 2003 - The Oracle Technology Network
by Rob Clevenger, the Principal Product Manager for Application Development Tools at Oracle
January 21, 2003 - The Complete Programmer Network - How To Keep Your Job
by Dave Thomas of The Pragmatic Programmers
December 17, 2002 - Austin Java Users Group Annual Holiday Social !
November 19, 2002 - "Designing for True J2EE Portability: A TheServerSide.com (TSS) Case Study"
by Ed Roman, CEO, The Middleware Company presented by Oracle Technology Network
October 29, 2002 - "JDO", sponsored by SolarMetric
September 24, 2002 - "State of the Art Java Management"
by Oliver Schmelzle Sponsored by Covasoft
August 27, 2002 - "Web Services and J2EE vs. .NET"
by Pat Shepherd Sponsored by BEA Systems
July 30, 2002 - "Model Layer Framework"
by David Marine, Athens Group
Sponsored by St. Edwards University Professional Education Center
June 25, 2002 - "Hometown Heroes" Meeting: Java3D, J2EE Design Processes, Next Generation JavaDoc, and the True Tales of a Local Volunteer Software Project...
May 21, 2002 - Drawing important lessons from common failures is the goal of Bitter Java, a new, unorthodox server side Java book.
by Bruce Tate, Sponsored by Manning
April 23, 2002 - XML, Web Services and standards support across leading databases
Sponsored by DataDirect
March 19, 2002 - Web Services: Benefits and Real World Examples,
by Kris Owens, Account Manager & Mark Estes, Senior System Engineer for the E2A Platform. Sponsored by IONA
February 26, 2002 - "Ant: Its History, Legacy, and Inspirations",
by James Duncan Davidson, original author of Apache Ant and Apache Tomcat. Sponsored by " The Complete Programmer Network "
January 29, 2002 - Extreme Programming (XP) in a J2EE Development Environment
by Scott Hutchinson, Senior Software Engineer, Borland. Sponsored by Borland Corporation
December 18, 2001 - Hello World! Contest .
December 2001 Sponsors: BEA Systems , The Middleware Company , FutureTek Net Services.
November 27, 2001 - Primary technologies utilized in Web Services applications including SOAP, WSDL, and UDDI.
by Doug Price, Technical Account Manager with Silverstream,
October 30, 2001 - Java Message Service.
by Rick Kuzyk, Sonic Software Evangelist
September 25, 2001 - Component modeling
by Paul Nethercott, a TogetherSoft Mentor
August 28, 2001 - EJBs in a large system
by Tyler Jewell, BEA's enterprise technology evangelist
July 31, 2001 - Web Services, J2ME technology, and building a mobile portal with WAP technology.
June 26, 2001 - Java One Conference discussion.
by Barry Feigenbaum, Sr. Consulting I/T Architect, IBM, Rock Howard, CTO Tower Technologies, Rob Sartin, Director of Engineering, Impart Technology, Jeff Schneider, CEO Resilient Edge, and Ed French, Technologies Director Momentum Software.
May 29, 2001 - Kickoff of the new Austin Java Users Group and a presentation by Ed Roman CEO of The Middleware Company and author of the bestseller "Mastering EJB" and the upcoming "Mastering EJB II".